Email Notification if Notebook Task Fails

06-01-2022 02:05 PM
Kristen
New Contributor II

I would like to be able to use Notebook Tasks for tasks of high importance, but I am hesitant to do so when I have to remember to go check it every once in a while to make sure the Notebook is still running properly.

When setting up a Notebook Task, there should be an option to get an automated email immediately if the task fails. This email could go to the owner of the Notebook since email is stored under the user account. It would be even better if we could choose the user or email address to send it to. Sometimes we want the whole team to know if a script fails so we send the notification to an email distribution group.

Extra points if we can customize the email to include details like the Notebook url, error details, etc.

3 Comments
AntonSizo

It would be also great to have possibility to link Webhooks to Notebook Tasks to see/react to Tasks statuses: Completed, Failed, Skipped etc.

ChrisCoupal

Yeah. I agree. I've had numerous occasions where my script fails because objects like feature layers that should exist, just "do not" for a time (system issue)? If this occurs 5 times, the job just stops running - no notice, no warning. Hard to have much confidence in this as a solution with it being so fragile and temperamental.

GabrielMarcus_C

100%  I had something fail on me for a weird reason that didn't come up in testing or any time I ran the notebook. I would like to have been notified of it via email! 

Have you seen send email with arcgis notebooks post? Others seem to get this approach to work, but for some reason I can't. 

edit: I just found this notebook from ESRI with some sample code which looks promising.