VRP extension does not allocate all orders

Jump to solution
07-29-2019 10:04 PM
SAMANESKANDARZADEH1
New Contributor

I have an instance of the VRP problem with 400 pickup and delivery orders. When I solve the problem with Esri, it does not allocate 64 orders to any routes. Is there an easy way to find out why? These data are taken from a real-world instance and the reason for using Esri was to find out if the orders can be serviced by a fewer number of routes or not?    

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

If running as a VRP layer in ArcMap the Orders attribute table will tell you the reason for not routing the orders. Look for the field "ViolatedConstraints."  If using the VRP GP tool or service look at the Unassigned Stops table for that same information. It will be written as an index but those can be referenced here

If I were to make a blind guess on what is limiting these orders from being routed it would be the MaxOrderCount field on the Routes. This is by default set to 30 as it is a required field for the solver.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

If running as a VRP layer in ArcMap the Orders attribute table will tell you the reason for not routing the orders. Look for the field "ViolatedConstraints."  If using the VRP GP tool or service look at the Unassigned Stops table for that same information. It will be written as an index but those can be referenced here

If I were to make a blind guess on what is limiting these orders from being routed it would be the MaxOrderCount field on the Routes. This is by default set to 30 as it is a required field for the solver.