(Vehicle Routing Problem)VRP Limit Network Analyst for ArcGIS Enterprise

02-23-2022 05:10 AM
UğurcanGül
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have up to 800 requests in the work. These demands relate to child social assistance. Assistance will be delivered to requests from my warehouse points by vehicle. I'm thinking of solving this situation with vrp. But vrp has some limitations. Is there any way I can remove these limitations? Will the network analysis license purchased in addition to the ArcGIS Enterprise account resolve this issue? Or will I have to write the code and vrp myself?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

What VRP limitations are you running into?

Also, Are you planning to use the online services to do your work or desktop? Do you need to host this as your service?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
UğurcanGül
New Contributor III

I haven't started working yet. I'm just creating the fiction in my mind. Does VRP only have limits on arcgis online? If I don't run into restrictions, I can use arcgis online. but if there is a restriction, I will have to create a network dataset in enterprise. Do i think right?

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

There are going to be practical limits to anyhing. Online services have limitations that are discussed here (expand the See Requests Limits link:

Routing service | Documentation | ArcGIS Developer

Desktop limits are discussed here (see the Limitations section towards the end):

Vehicle routing problem analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If you plan to host your own services then yes, you will need to have your own street network dataset (or get Esri's Streetmap Premium product).

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos