Unrebuildable Network. What's wrong?

03-22-2012 01:16 PM
ROMANFILOZOF
New Contributor III
Hi everybody,
I have a trouble trying to rebuild network after editing the feature class. I've just added a feature in the feature class, that is used in the network. I push "Build network" button after ending edit session, but the message appears:

Build network dataset failed
The logical network is of an older version and does not support the requested functionality

In ArcGIS 9.3.1 there were no problems with this. It build a network and calculated the new route. What's wrong with ArcGIS 10? (The database used is created in the 10th version).

Roman
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROMANFILOZOF
New Contributor III
Tried to edit features in Network Dataset. Once it permitted to add new feature but didn't let me rebuild the network. Next time when I wanted to use split line tool it said the same

Feature can not be edited (or something like that)
The logical network is of an older version and does not support the requested functionality

Can't even imagine what is the problem...
0 Kudos
ROMANFILOZOF
New Contributor III
Tech support helped! The problem is known and sounds "Cannot make edits to a feature class participating in a network dataset that has been built and does not support turns". So after installing SP3 and recreating Network Dataset with Turn Feature Class the problem has been gone.
0 Kudos
ThibautDelaere1
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS 10.3 and the problem is back. Rebuild doesn't work when turns are not enabled.

0 Kudos