Select to view content in your preferred language

Time costs in network analysis layer properties.

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
PolinaKoriakina
New Contributor II

The problem is that in the network analysis properties and options of adding "time costs" is not shown as an active.

As a result I can create routing and closest facility using distance costs. But I can not add time costs, consequently I can not use vehicle routing and last mile delivery analysis.

I tried tutorials from esri, they work pretty well. And all NA layer functions work.

My data is simple, it is a network of not existing streets for a student project: polylines (drawn in a write way), having object id, classification, length, speed, travel time. They have coordinates, projected.

What is missing? Why I can not use time costs in analysis? (If it is relevant - elevations I switched off by creating NA layer)

Thanks in advance for a help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You have to remove the network dataset and any NA layers referencing it from the map or you can't edit the network dataset properties.  That's what the yellow warning on the top of the properties page means.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

did you add cost attributes?

Cost attributes—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PolinaKoriakina
New Contributor II

Do you mean the following steps? The thing is that exactly them I can not do. I added travel mode: driving. It works, all good. But I can not add cost attribute in properties. So the following steps I can not proceed: 

"

Click the Options button.
 in the upper right corner of the dialog box.

Click the New button".

Button is not active.

0 Kudos
PolinaKoriakina
New Contributor II

1000027565.jpg

 example with one of Esri Tutorial I've opened, where is not possible to adit costs. 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You have to remove the network dataset and any NA layers referencing it from the map or you can't edit the network dataset properties.  That's what the yellow warning on the top of the properties page means.

PolinaKoriakina
New Contributor II

Thank you very much! It worked. I should not just ignore this message.

0 Kudos