Spoking effect with GTFS Service Area

Jump to solution
03-30-2020 05:46 PM
RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

Good evening,

I recently created a GTFS enabled network dataset for the Washington DC area. When I run a service area, I often get this "spoking" effect. The service area is narrowly extended along what appears to be limited stop transit lines despite no stops being accessible. If this is just a symptom of the solving algorithm, I can deal with it, but I wanted to make sure there are not other solvable issues involved.

Thanks,

Russ

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Your screenshot looks like ArcMap, so I presume you are using the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolbox.  If that is the case, then this topic in the Troubleshooting Guide answers your question: public-transit-tools/TroubleshootingGuide.md at master · Esri/public-transit-tools · GitHub 

Note that the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolbox is now deprecated since the functionality has been added to core ArcGIS Pro: Network analysis using public transit data—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Your screenshot looks like ArcMap, so I presume you are using the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolbox.  If that is the case, then this topic in the Troubleshooting Guide answers your question: public-transit-tools/TroubleshootingGuide.md at master · Esri/public-transit-tools · GitHub 

Note that the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolbox is now deprecated since the functionality has been added to core ArcGIS Pro: Network analysis using public transit data—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

Thank you Melinda. Much better. 

0 Kudos