Split routes/accumulators by source features

Jump to solution
08-02-2019 01:42 PM
Stacy-Rendall
New Contributor III

I'm working with the new Transit Evaluator in Pro (which is awesome), but for a project I am working on it would be really handy to have the routes (and accumulators) split by the source features.

This is so I can examine, for example, specifically how much of an accumulator was accumulated on the street (walking) network as opposed to the transit network, and where. Currently the returned route is just a single line with all the accumulated attributes summed. Ideally I could get the journey broken up into "legs" each time the route traverses onto a new source feature, with the accumulator values from each leg...

Workarounds I can think of at the moment:

• possibly directions can be coerced to help out with this?
  • do a series of selections against the source features using the route geometry (sounds slow, and harder to account for accumulators which are dependent on things like length)

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stacy.  I think the Copy Traversed Source Features tool may be what you're looking for: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/network-analyst/copy-traversed-source-features.htm

Also, if you created your network dataset from the template provided in the transit tutorial, the network will have a WalkTime attribute that adds 0 WalkTime impedance when traveling on transit lines.  So, if you solve using the PublicTransitTime cost attribute (used by the Public transit time travel mode), but you choose to accumulate the WalkTime attribute, it the Route result will give you the total accumulated walk time, which gets 0 contribution from the time spent riding transit.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stacy.  I think the Copy Traversed Source Features tool may be what you're looking for: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/network-analyst/copy-traversed-source-features.htm

Also, if you created your network dataset from the template provided in the transit tutorial, the network will have a WalkTime attribute that adds 0 WalkTime impedance when traveling on transit lines.  So, if you solve using the PublicTransitTime cost attribute (used by the Public transit time travel mode), but you choose to accumulate the WalkTime attribute, it the Route result will give you the total accumulated walk time, which gets 0 contribution from the time spent riding transit.

Hope this helps.

Stacy-Rendall
New Contributor III

Fantastic - thanks Melinda, it sounds like exactly what I am after! I have never spotted that tool before

0 Kudos