Simulating multiple daily deliveries with Model builder

06-01-2014 10:18 AM
gianmarcovolebele
New Contributor
Dear ArcMap community,

I'm writing a master thesis about ArcMap/GIS by analyzing a real world case. I will briefly explain what I'm trying to achieve by using the model builder tool:

I've one excel file which contains each delivery to the customers performed day by day, for a total of 30 days. Now, my aim is to use the model builder tool to simulate the whole month day by day considering different network conditions and avoid to do it manually. I'm aware of the existence of the iteration tools but unfortunately I'm not able to find the right one and use it in the model.

What iteration tool do you suggest to use? Alternatively, can you also point me out to a similar model?

Also, slightly unrelated (but it might be an issue in my case) is there a way to avoid that customers with a delivery quantity of 0 are considered by the solver, other than manipulate beforehand the data?

Thank you in advance,
Gianmarco

P.s.: I'm currently using ArcGIS 10.2 for desktop
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
gianmarcovolebele
New Contributor
Probably this will help you more to understand my issue.

basically the model works but the final output is simply  the first delivery day VRP in the Excel file. My aim would be to have the model simulate at each iteration a new set of deliveries and then copy the route results on an Excel file (all of them).
0 Kudos