Service Area within municipal boundaries

10-10-2013 10:17 PM
ChrisKreiner
New Contributor III
Hey,

i want to solve service areas for waste collection centers (green squares) which are delimited within the municipal boundaries?

The service area with this restriction works well.

Best regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
It is not clear what you are asking. Can you be more specific?

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
ChrisKreiner
New Contributor III
hey,

now, when I generate the service area (driving distance 5 and 10 minutes) there are no borders or ristrictions in the calculation.

But in Austria the inhabitants of a municipality have to put their waste into the municipal owned waste collection center. Therfore i need to restrict the service area by the municipal borders to get a valid result (in every municipality there is max. one collection center)

i hope its clear now what i meant.

best regards
0 Kudos
ChrisUnderhill
New Contributor
Chris,

I have completed something similar.  The only way I found to limit the spread of the Service Areas into external Municipalities was to create the Service Areas and then delete them back to the individual Municipality boundaries ('Union' the Service Areas and the Municipality Boundaries and then delete the unwanted overlaps).

Hope this helps.

Chris_123
0 Kudos
ChrisKreiner
New Contributor III
Hey,

thank you for your advice. Maybe your way is the last option - i guess there is another, easier way to solve this problem.

Are there any other ideas to restrict the service area to the boundaries the points (waste collection centers) are in?

best regards
0 Kudos