penalty on busstops

09-02-2012 09:37 PM
MaximKaskov
New Contributor
I am building a network with  bus lines (about 200 lines). I have 2 layers: 1 containing bus routes and 1 containing bus stops. I would like to achieve is a network which route cost by travel time and no penalty (additional cost) when route across busstop without change busline(busnumber) and have a penalty 10 minutes (additional cost) when route change busline on bus stops, like on attachment picture. how it create in Network Dataset?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MattCrowder
Esri Contributor
Assuming you have a cost attribute named "Minutes".  Create a turn feature class with a field named "Wait_Minutes" and set a field evaluator for the "Minutes" attribute referencing the "Wait_Minutes" field.  Then create a turn feature from bus line 1 to bus line 2 at the bus stop and set the "Wait_Minutes" value to be 10.  Rebuild your network. 

In that way, when the route requires traveling from bus line 1 to bus line 2, it goes through the turn and incurs and additional 10 minutes of travel time.

If all transitions are always 10 minutes, you can simplify it by using a constant evaluator of "10" instead of requiring a field and using a field evaluator...

matt
0 Kudos
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
I am building a network with  bus lines (about 200 lines). I have 2 layers: 1 containing bus routes and 1 containing bus stops. I would like to achieve is a network which route cost by travel time and no penalty (additional cost) when route across busstop without change busline(busnumber) and have a penalty 10 minutes (additional cost) when route change busline on bus stops, like on attachment picture. how it create in Network Dataset?

Hi Maxim,
I'd like to build a bus routable network. Since you already built your bus network, wondering which method that you used? I have bus routes and bus stops feature class. Could you please share steps and your experience how to build?
Thank you very much.
Truong
0 Kudos
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

You can build a bus route if you have starting and ending point of the route and the busstops along the routes. To do this you need to make a list of node IDs (Start Node ID ....... intermediate nodes IDs ....... End Node ID) and have a field in all those nodes that is a route name.  Then you can use the route tool.  detailed procedure is available in tutorial.

regards,
0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

You can build a bus route if you have starting and ending point of the route and the busstops along the routes. To do this you need to make a list of node IDs (Start Node ID ....... intermediate nodes IDs ....... End Node ID) and have a field in all those nodes that is a route name.  Then you can use the route tool.  detailed procedure is available in tutorial.

regards,

hi,

Can you please give the link to the tutorial?

thanks,
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
For bus I think that you also have schedulate time stop in stop bus so you also could use custom evaluator kind this: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=72ef24542857413c8981f2e196f1bb13
0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor
For bus I think that you also have schedulate time stop in stop bus so you also could use custom evaluator kind this: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=72ef24542857413c8981f2e196f1bb13

Thank you!
0 Kudos
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
hi,

Can you please give the link to the tutorial?

thanks,

On this page
Please use table 1 row 4 and table 2 row 1 to achieve the desired result, also refer to my previous comment.

regards,
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos