Path distance between 2 matched points

Jump to solution
09-07-2013 06:51 AM
EvanSorg
New Contributor
I am trying to calculate the distance between 1 specific origin and 1 specific destination using the network analyst OD cost matrix.  Specifically, I have a file with about 9,000 geocoded home addresses of individuals and another file with their (same individuals) 9,000 geocoded work addresses. I have two problems.  I only want to calculate the path distance from each persons home address only to their specific work address.  Currently, I cannot figure out a way to not calculate the distance between an individual and every work address.  This wouldn't be such a big deal if I was able to identify (each person has a unique identifier in each file) the individual by querying on their id and finding those that match in the resulting 'lines' file.  But I cannot figure this out either.  Even if I join the unique identifiers to the origin and destination file, the resulting lines file does not generate these fields.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EvanSorg
New Contributor
I am trying to calculate the distance between 1 specific origin and 1 specific destination using the network analyst OD cost matrix.  Specifically, I have a file with about 9,000 geocoded home addresses of individuals and another file with their (same individuals) 9,000 geocoded work addresses. I have two problems.  I only want to calculate the path distance from each persons home address only to their specific work address.  Currently, I cannot figure out a way to not calculate the distance between an individual and every work address.  This wouldn't be such a big deal if I was able to identify (each person has a unique identifier in each file) the individual by querying on their id and finding those that match in the resulting 'lines' file.  But I cannot figure this out either.  Even if I join the unique identifiers to the origin and destination file, the resulting lines file does not generate these fields.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nevermind.  I found this.... for those who who stumble upon this post: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/63446-Network-Distance-of-Students-to-School

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EvanSorg
New Contributor

Nevermind.  I found this.... for those who who stumble upon this post: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/63446-Network-Distance-of-Students-to-School
0 Kudos