OD Cost Matrix , Actual Route

07-30-2020 04:33 PM
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

I have made a Multimodal network analysis consisting of Maritime_Routes, World_Railroads, and World_roads as a mode of transportation.

I have applied the OD cost matrix and that works fine. I have to find out how many countries the route between the two cities is passing.

I have applied the OD cost matrix, calculates the distance and draw a straight line, rather than the ACTUAL ROUTE.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

The option is on the Closest Facility ribbon.

MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

I have 2341 cities. so I will set this number to 2341. Right?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes

0 Kudos
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

HI 

I am getting this message 

"Warning: The output geometry for "Location 3 - Location 1" in "Routes" has no M values because the maximum M value is larger than the largest M value that can be supported by the M domain."

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you don't need M values, you can ignore this message.  M values are used primarily for linear referencing when you need to know the distance along a line that a point falls.

MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

Hi thanks 

Is it possible to do the computation in Enterprise Geodatabase with ArcGIS Pro? As I have a large number of cities and it is taking to long. 

What would be the process for that? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can put your network dataset in your Enterprise Geodatabase, then set the network data source to point to that network dataset.  However, I don't think that would make the analysis any faster.

MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

Can you please refer me to any tutorial on this. thanks

0 Kudos
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

Hi Melinda Morang

Hi, is the network model tool available in ArcGIS online version? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you clarify what you mean by "network model tool"?

0 Kudos