new route

03-30-2011 10:49 AM
LeilaHashemi
New Contributor
In my new route attribute table, the total_minute and total_meter is `zero`, how I can correct it?

Second question, in new route, there is a hierarchy (for type of roads) but I don???t know how I can give each one specific limited speed.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
>In my new route attribute table, the total_minute and total_meter is `zero`, how I can correct it?

Have you added stops and solved a path? If yes, is there a route that was generated and displayed? Does that look ok? If yes, then is there any kind of length/time attribute generated?
if everything looks good then it is possible that you have no values loaded for your minutes and meters attribute that you are trying to accumulate. In that case, what network data are you using and how did you set up the evaluators for these impedance attributes and did you build the network after creating it? So basically many things could go on, but the above list will get you started in diagnosing the problem.

>Second question, in new route, there is a hierarchy (for type of roads) but I don�??t know how I can give each one specific limited speed.

It depends on what you network dataset you are using and how you created it. If you want to modify the speed at solve time, you have to create a parameterized evaluator and then you can specify the parameter at run time. You can read more about them here:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Using_parameters_with_network_attribut...

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos