Network Dataset Routing showing false ramps and ferries

Jump to solution
12-16-2015 09:37 AM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

I'm testing out our network dataset in preparation for using it to build our own routing service.  It is doing a good job with finding appropriate A to B routes.

However when you look at the directions, it is saying certain small segments are Ferry routes (we are in the desert, not a lot of ferries here), and simple turns are labeled as ramps, often saying 'turn left onto ramp...' when in fact it's a simple right turn.  Again, the route generated on the map is correct, but the directions are wonky.

Suspecting maybe it's the topology of our street network?  But have not found any error at the segments/intersections in question.

Anyone else encountered this?

Thanks -

Allen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

When you set up Directions for your route, you checked off what attributes of your source data are read into the directions, right?  Has that changed from what I use  (10.0) and what you are using.?

If it hasn't changed, you might want to start looking at the data source of your network dataset.

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

When you set up Directions for your route, you checked off what attributes of your source data are read into the directions, right?  Has that changed from what I use  (10.0) and what you are using.?

If it hasn't changed, you might want to start looking at the data source of your network dataset.

That should just about do it....
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Joe -

There was a setting in the 'directions' tab of the Network Dataset properties that was using a descriptor we set up that is a numeric value representing Road Catagory (major local road, minor local road, interstate etc.).  Removing that form the directions configuration seems to have done the trick.  We're using ArcMap 10.3.1 and v. 10.1 to build the network dataset (currently looks like you can only choose v. 10.0 or 10.1 as part of building the dataset).

0 Kudos