Network Analyst Service Area: All polygons are generated, but only one set for one of three locations visible

03-13-2018 03:34 PM
LauraCabral
New Contributor

Hello,

Working on ArcMap 10.6, I am generating service areas for three points of interest. Each service areas has several breaks. As shown below, all the polygons are generated, but only the set for one location is visible. If I go and select the polygons for the other two locations, I can see their contours selected, so I know they are "there". Similarly, if I delete the first set of polygons, the set of service areas for a second location, color scheme included, now appear. If I want to see the last of the three location service areas, I have to delete the second set as well.

I'm pretty sure in an earlier version of Arc, I was able to see all the polygons at the same time, does anybody know what might be going on?

Note that I need overlapping polygons: Not oeverlapping and merging by break value (Multiple Facilities Options) are not appropriate for my analysis.

Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

image? doesn't appear to be shown

MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

We see weird drawing issues like this every now and then.  Two suggestions:

1. Try closing and re-opening ArcMap.  The problem might fix itself.

2. Export your polygons to a feature class.  The new feature class should hopefully draw correctly.

0 Kudos
LauraCabral
New Contributor

Unfortunately, neither of the suggestions worked. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

It's weird that they didn't draw correctly in the exported feature class.  That should have worked. Make sure you clear any selections before exporting.

Other suggestions: Try doing this in ArcGIS Pro?

Can you clarify whether you are using your own network dataset and the Network Analyst ribbon or whether you're using the ready-to-use services with ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
LauraCabral
New Contributor

I am using Network Analyst and my own network dataset. To clarify: in the exported feature dataset, the polygons are drawn, but even playing with transparency settings, I can't get a visual effect as I would want it. One solution I found is to use rings rather than disks in the overlap type specification. I would have prefered disks for further analysis, so my next move would be to see if I can specify the drawing order of the polygons.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like the service area polygons are being generated but it a display/refresh issue of some sorts. You can try the following to see if it helps:

On the top of ArcMap, click on Customize, (it is third from right). Click it. From the Customize drop down, choose ArcMap Options. A popup opens up. Make the Display Cache tab active. Click on the Clear Cache and click Ok to dismiss that popup. Click F5 to refresh the ArcMap display. Does that make any difference? 

Jay Sandhu