Network Analyst Road file

05-06-2014 04:55 AM
deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III
I am looking for a road file to use with ArcGIS Network Analyst for desktop and server.  I'm not very good with playing around with the geodatabases so I am looking for an easy to use option.  I saw the message below and was wondering where I might find this "
free streetmap network dataset" and if it is easy to use with Network Analyst.  I downloaded the Streets and Data back on 1-10-2014 so I am guessing it might be in there somewhere?  Can this be used for drivetimes, directions and routing.  If so how do I set that up for use with Server. 

What other options do I have that are easy to use with ArcGIS server that are under $10,000

If your points are in the USA, you can use the free streetmap network dataset that comes on the data and maps dvd. it is ready to use network and have time and distance attributes.

You can also the Find Route tool (next the binoculars) on the standard toolbar in ArcMap. It will use the online service to return you back the routes.

Jay Sandhu
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
New Contributor III
Okay so I see they have streetmap premium?  What is the difference between NavTeq and TomTom?  Any idea what the cost is just for the US.  I requested a price quote but that can usually take a couple of days.

I also saw this but do not understand it.  Does Tiger have a really easy to use data set that I can easily bring into ArcGIS server to do directions?  Does this do a pretty good job or is it bad to use.  I like free and easy.

I have had better luck downloading the Tiger center line data set. There are two versions the one that is ready for geocoding and the one that is 500% more complete but takes a lot of work to set up.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Just bringing this back to the top in hopes someone might be able to help lead me in the right direction.
0 Kudos