Network Analyst - Removing Layer information

04-04-2010 09:44 AM
EmersonMcDonald
New Contributor
Hi,
Just had a hopefully quick question regarding the network analyst. I've created a model that takes a Stop from a route and makes it an incident for a Closest Facility analysis. From this the model solves for the quickest route. What i'm wondering is if there is a way to then have the model, or a second model, delete the stored route stop, and incident?
I've been looking online but haven't been able to see anything that might work so far.
Thanks for your help,
Emerson
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor
Emerson,
   There are couple of ways to delete the route stops and the incident in the closest facility layer. If you want to clear out any existing locations before you add something to route stops or closest facility incidents, uncheck the "Append to existing locations" parameter in the Add Locations geoprocessing tool.
    If reloding is not part of your model work flow, you can use the Delete Features tool (Data Management toolbox >> Features toolset) to delete all or only the selected features from your stops or incidents.

Hope this helps
Deelesh Mandloi
EmersonMcDonald
New Contributor
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to thank you Deelesh for your answer. I ended up using both of your suggestions and I think it turned out pretty well, although we'll have to wait and see if my professor agreed.
Thanks again,
Emerson
0 Kudos
RyanSchuermann
New Contributor
Emerson,
   There are couple of ways to delete the route stops and the incident in the closest facility layer. If you want to clear out any existing locations before you add something to route stops or closest facility incidents, uncheck the "Append to existing locations" parameter in the Add Locations geoprocessing tool.
    If reloding is not part of your model work flow, you can use the Delete Features tool (Data Management toolbox >> Features toolset) to delete all or only the selected features from your stops or incidents.

Hope this helps
Deelesh Mandloi

..Resurrection

in python you can also use the CLEAR boolean instead of APPEND
0 Kudos