Network Analyst preferences

03-08-2019 02:02 AM
GeorgiosKapou
New Contributor

Hi all,
I would like to build a network with multiple choices of the road type.
I have a shp, for example with the type of road(major, minor, cycle path, etc.), and I want to build it but I would like to have the opportunity to choose the specific kind of road type that my routing will be run. Is there any possibility to build my network based on these classes and also when I would search for the new route to chose these preferences (cycle paths) or to have one as a priority?

Best regards,
Georgios

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can have an attribute on each shape that defines what kind of shape it is. Then you can add restrictions based on the different types. At solve time you can choose which restrictions you want to use to solve on. You can also encapsulate the different types of impedance attributes and restriction attributes into a travel mode.

You can take a look at the tutorial data, especially the Paris multi-modal network dataset on how the restrictions and travel modes are set up. You can get the data here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d6bd91b2fddc483b8ccbc66942db84cb 

and travel modes:

Travel modes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jay Sandhu

GeorgiosKapou
New Contributor

Hi Jay,
Thank you for the quick response.
I am trying to choose from the Route-Properties-Analysis Settings-Restrictions the restriction which I want to run but I do not have any positive result (my route remain the same either with or not my restriction). May I do something wrong when I build the Network dataset?
I have two shp, one which includes the road network and the other one with bike lanes. I choose both when I build the Network Dataset.
Have I to do any changes on the table "Specify the attributes for the network dataset"? if yes, how can define the shp with bike lanes?

As result, I want to have a route which will be chosen the bike lane as the priority from the whole network.

Best regards,
Georgios

0 Kudos