Network Analyst - No Facilities Found

06-02-2010 10:36 AM
erinhunter
New Contributor
Hello,
I have created a very simple network with one town, 50 sample locations and a network of roads.  I added a new closest facility and added the town as a facility and the samples as incidents.  When I press solve no facilities are found for any of the incidents.  I even added one incident (sample) 100m away from the facility (town) as a test and it does not find the route between them.  I have snapped all incidents and facility to the roads and nothing is working.  I have used this exact methodology in the past (with different data) and it worked fine.  I  am probably missing something small.  Any ideas???
Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you made the incidents and facilities part of your network dataset? Then most likely that is the problem. i.e. these are not connected to the network and when you create the CF layer, your incidents/facilities are getting located on un-connected locations of the network. If this is the case, you can remove the incidents/facilities from the network dataset and re-build OR bring up the properties of the CF layer and on the network locations tab, uncheck these to location on, leaving on the street edges to locate on and re-load your locations.

If the above is not the case then you may have some connectivity issue in the network edges.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
erinhunter
New Contributor
Yes they are part of my network.  I do not believe it is a connectivity issue as it would not work even when using a test incident 100m away from the facility (no connectivity issues there).
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
If they are part of the network dataset (they do not have to be unless there is a reason), then they are NOT connected to the network UNLESS you choose any vertex connectivity AND there are vertices on the underlying street segments AND that is if these facilities are exactly over a street edge.

So in any case, you can follow my suggestions from the previous post of either locating only on the edges OR you can use the network identify tool (second icon from right on the Network Analyst toolbar) and click on an edge and see what is it connected to. If it looks like all the streets are not connected then there is a street connectivity issue.

Regards,
Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos