Multiple cutoff distances for OD cost matrix calculation

10-18-2011 12:22 PM
MelindaMorang1
New Contributor III
Is it possible to run an OD cost matrix calculation with a different cutoff distance value for each origin? 

For example, suppose I want to create an OD matrix that only considers destinations within 1 mile of origin 1, 3 miles of origin 2, and 5 miles of origin 3.  Is there any way to do that in a single instance of the OD calculation, or would I have to run a separate one for each cutoff distance?

And yes, I'm scripting this with python.

PS. For that matter, is there a way to do this for a service area calculation as well?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes it is possible.

Each origin as the Cutoff_,attribute name> property that can be set. So if you are solving on a length attribute in miles called Length, then the origins attribute table has a field called Cutoff_Length. You can set it individually for each origin. Or better yet, when you do a Load Locations, this property is listed, so simply map it some field on your existing origins point feature class and have it loaded with the origin locations.

Similarly the facilities on the service area solver have a Break_<attribute name> property. You can set it how big of a service area you want computed. And again, you can use Load Locations to load it as well.

Regards,

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos