Multimodal Network Analysis

10-21-2011 05:23 AM
CameronManche
New Contributor
Hello,

I would like to create a multimodal network. I have created two closest facilities: the first one has the distance patients travel to facility X, the second has the distance patients travel from facility Y to a hospital. What is the most time effective way to calculate the distance between X and the closest Y facility?

Thank you,

CManche
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
It is not clear from your post what you want to accomplish. A multimodal network is a dataset that combines different modes of travel such as rail, bus, bike, pedestrian and car. It has nothing to do with closest facility. Once you have a network on which you want to travel on, you create a closest facility layer and load in your facilities and incidents and solve to compute the distances between them. So if I uderstand your question, you want to compute distances from facilities set  X and set Y, then load them into the closest facility layer and solve. If you want to find the distance between one X and one Y then use the Route solver.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
CameronManche
New Contributor
Thank you for your help. I'll be sure to utilize route solver.
0 Kudos
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
The question probably meant to find closest facility on a multimodal network ? Nevertheless, it is good that this question is now answered 🙂
0 Kudos