Multimodal Connectivty Question/Problem

07-13-2012 05:23 AM
BenLand
New Contributor
In my ArcMap, I have 3 line feature classes(Road, Sidewalk, Parking(which is used to incorporate walking/driving)) to demonstrate a transportation network.

My problem is that I am trying to make it so that in order to enter the road network they have to enter a point in the middle of the parking lot(represents a parking space) that is connected to the parking line feature class then "drive" to a connection point between the parking feature class and road line feature class. The issue I'm having is that I also have connection points to enter the parking feature class from the sidewalk, so when I route it just goes from the sidewalk/parking connection to the parking/road connection rather then going to sidewalk/parking, parking/parking spot, parking spot/parking, parking/road.

Is there anyway that I can have it so that in order to route using the road network, it is required for the route to go to the parking space from the sidewalk then to the road?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben Land
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricStipe
New Contributor III
Having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what is the problem. Is the "parking" line class being ignored in the output route? Or is it not actually routing to the parking spot? Do you have any illustrations? I just was working with doing something similar to this so I might have a couple of ideas if I can wrap my brain around the issue.

eric.
0 Kudos