Location-allocation in ArcGIS Pro: demand point allocated to multiple facilities

03-25-2022 03:17 AM
Basr98
by
New Contributor
Hi all,

I'm working on a location-allocation project in ArcGIS Pro, using the location-allocation network analysis I'm allocating my demand points to new candidate facilities next to already existing ones to see which locations are optimal to be opened (assuming all demand can be fulfilled). I performed this task regularly, one demand point is assigned to one facility, but I would like to also do this in a way such that a demand point can be assigned to different facilities - such that it shows the percentage of demand fulfilled per facility it is allocated to.

Is there any way to do this in ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Generally in Location-Allocation, it is an all or nothing assignment. A demand point is assigned to the closest chosen facility. In the market share/target market share options, the allocation shows the probability of allocation to various chosen facilities.

Can you describe your use case on how/why the demand should be split to more than one facility?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
DOMINIC_PANASHE
New Contributor

Hi there sorry to use this platform. I am currently doing a research on ambulance in my country.I have loaded ambulance stations as required facilities and population data as demand points,set population density as weight for each point .I am using the maximize coverage algorithm to make all demand points to be met since ambulance is a necessity. The aim is to reduce response time .originally my road network didnt have a minutes attribute so i created a column by "length/maxspeed".

Initially i ran the algorithm and it solved but all points were met by one facility ,even though there were facilities closer to some points.I restarted the process and this time it says " No entries in "Facilities" could reach any entry in "Demand Points", possibly due to the presence of a cutoff." but its set to one.how do i go about this ?please help .

Sum of allocated weight in "Demand Points": 0.
Sum of allocated weighted impedance in "Demand Points": 0.
Sum of valid unallocated weight in "Demand Points": 2966.

@JaySandhu 

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

This looks like an issue with the network. The Location-Allocation process starts by computing shortest path costs between all the facilities and demand within the cutoff. 

Can you create a route layer and add two locations and find a path using the length or time cost attribute? What is the cost of that path? Is it reasonable according to your network. Are you using a cutoff in the Location-Allocation? Also, did you Build your network dataset after you created and made changes to it?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos