Location Allocation in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2

11-18-2022 09:32 AM
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hi ,

I think I bumped into a bug in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 using Network Analyst with Street Map Premium.

Everytime I use Location Allocation Algorithm, cutoff value is actually being used as the maximum number of facilities to find.

Did anyone experienced this?

Thank you,

João

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you describe the settings you are using? For example, what type of Location-Allocation model are you using, cutoff, impedance attribute? How many facilities are you trying to find?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hello Jay,

I was trying to use "Maximize Coverage and minimize Facilities".

I was trying to use a cutoff value of 2 Km (impedance is meters and walking) and I got 2 Chosen Facilities and I got the message:

"Some entries in "Demand Points" were excluded from the problem because no entries in "Facilities" were within the specified cutoff."

This does not make sense. There are lots of facilities available in 2 km. I've already tried with no restrictions.

If I change to 3Km I get 3 chosen facilities..

Ok Now I changed to 4 and still get 3...  No relation 

The same behavior wen use "Minimize weighted impedance"

But it works when I use Maximize Capacitated Coverage with 25 facilities and the rest maintained equal..

Still don't have a clue why this is not working 

Thank you

João

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

As the message says that there are no facilities within the cutoff of the demand locations, means some travel setting like a restriction or connectivity issue is preventing finding paths on your network dataset.

Since it cannot find a path it cannot find any more facilities to locate. 

I would suggest that you create a service area layer, load your facilities into it and do a two or three minute service area and see which facilities are not able to generate the requested service area. You may want to turn on the lines and polygons option for the service area to see the problem area.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hello Jay

Like I mentioned, It will work just by changing Problem Type to "Maximize Capacitated Coverage" with no further changes... witch means facilities are properly located.

Thank you

joão

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue is not if the facilities are properly located, but what areas can be reached from them in the specified cutoff with the current travel settings. 

Can you share you facilities/demand here for further testing? Or you can contact Esri technical support and share your location-allocation layer so that they can replicate the problem.

Regards,

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hello Jay,

I am sending here Facilities and demand points. Can you reconstruct the Location Allocation analysis Layer from Source IDs?

I am using street map premium data 2022R2

the behavior is always the same regarthless of facilities and demand points set I use in this exercise.

I have been using other sets and the result is always the same. when I use Maximize Coverage and minimize Facilities I always get 2 facilities chosen..

Please Let me know if you need any extra info.

thank you again

João

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello João.  Jay is out of office and asked me to investigate this problem.  I successfully downloaded the data you shared.  However, since the tables include only network location fields and no geometry, I don't know which Streetmap Premium region to use (NorthAmerica, LatinAmerica, Europe, et.).  Also, are you using the file geodatabase version, the mobile geodatabase version, the custom roads version, etc.?  The location fields are specific to the network dataset, so I need more information before I can proceed with the investigation.

Alternatively, if you can just share the points with geometry, that would probably resolve the confusion.

0 Kudos
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hello Melinda,

It's

• European Data Street Map Premium
  • 2022R2
  • Geodatabase version

Anyway, I am sending in attach sources of network analysis layer.

please map demand points fields as below:

• Name: ID_PORTA
  • weght: nUA
  • GroupName: CO_VOD

Like I said I need to model cutoff 2km in impedance Km walking distance. Facilities have a capacity of 2000.

Restrictions only for Ferries (prohibited)

Thank you

João

0 Kudos
JoãoAntunes
New Contributor

Hi,

I figured out what the problem is.

I am using GroupName and with this constraint capacity is not enough on the faciliies when I use Maximize Coverage and Minimize Facilities.

It works when I use Maximize capacitated coverage because this property (group name) is ignored..

So I'll have to handle the problem in a different way..

Thank you so much for your time.

João

0 Kudos