Joing closest facility output back to input shape

Jump to solution
02-12-2014 10:47 AM
marcok_
New Contributor
Dear list,

I am doing a closest facility analysis where I am interested in the travel time and travel distance to the nearest location of type i. How can I join the routes output back to my incidents and point shape, respectively. There is no unique ID to perform this linkage. What have i missed?! Every hint is highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Best,
Marco
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Oh, now I understand your question.  You want a way to relate the input Incidents or Facilities back to the original data you loaded in.  Got it.

When you're loading your data as Incidents or Facilities using Load Locations, you can use the Field Mapping controls to retain some of the fields from the original data.  You could map a unique ID field in your input data to the Name field in Incidents or Facilities.

If you want to retain several fields from your input data, you can use the Add Field To Analysis Layer tool to create new fields in Incidents and Facilities.  Then, after creating those fields, you can run Load Locations and use the Field Mapping control to map the correct fields from the input data.

More information about field mapping can be found here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//00470000003t000000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Marco.  In the output Routes class of Closest Facility, the FacilityID field can be joined to the ObjectID field in Facilities, and the IncidentID field can be joined to the ObjectID field of Incidents.
0 Kudos
marcok_
New Contributor
Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your response. I know how to link the output tables of the closest facility tool. Unfortunately, I struggle linking this table back to my input date serving as incidents locations. On the one hand, no attribute relation is similar (e.g. the FID, ObjectID, IncidentID) and on the other hand my additional attributes of the input data are not transfered to the incidents table?!

Best,
Marco
0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Oh, now I understand your question.  You want a way to relate the input Incidents or Facilities back to the original data you loaded in.  Got it.

When you're loading your data as Incidents or Facilities using Load Locations, you can use the Field Mapping controls to retain some of the fields from the original data.  You could map a unique ID field in your input data to the Name field in Incidents or Facilities.

If you want to retain several fields from your input data, you can use the Add Field To Analysis Layer tool to create new fields in Incidents and Facilities.  Then, after creating those fields, you can run Load Locations and use the Field Mapping control to map the correct fields from the input data.

More information about field mapping can be found here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//00470000003t000000
0 Kudos
marcok_
New Contributor
That is exactly what I am looking for. Many thanks!
0 Kudos