Issues related to creating junction in network data set

Jump to solution
09-28-2018 08:30 AM
DuhuiLee1
New Contributor

I created a multimodal network dataset.

I successfully merged road data of new york cities and then tried to create network dataset.

At this point, I found huge issues.

When I turned on the network road dataset, all junctions were not created on all edges of the network roads.

I attached a picture to show my problem below.

[Used road data]

2018 road data of New York State offered in by U.S. Census Bureau Tigerline.

Would you give me any recommendation for me to solve this issue?

Best wishes,

Duhui.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

This is almost certainly a connectivity issue.  At the locations where your streets cross and are supposed to intersect, you need to have either an end point or a vertex, depending on your connectivity settings.  Review this documentation for an explanation and further help: Understanding connectivity—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

This is almost certainly a connectivity issue.  At the locations where your streets cross and are supposed to intersect, you need to have either an end point or a vertex, depending on your connectivity settings.  Review this documentation for an explanation and further help: Understanding connectivity—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
DuhuiLee1
New Contributor

Thank you @Melinda Morang.

I downloaded those data (most recent version by 2018) from US Census Bureau Tigerline.

Should I use other data?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Not necessarily.  First try adjusting your connectivity policy according to the provided documentation.  If that doesn't work, you might need to make some edits to the data. You can use the Integrate tool with an XY Tolerance of 0 to add vertices wherever streets cross, or use the Planarize editing operation.

0 Kudos
DuhuiLee1
New Contributor

Thank you!

How do you think about using any vertex connectivity?

Thanks!

0 Kudos