Finding closet facilities from different types

05-09-2013 07:22 AM
carinaluo
New Contributor
Hi there,

I am working on a project that needs to find out the three closet supermarkets belonging to different companies around each census block centroid. I am using the Network Analyst ??? Closet Facility Tool, using census block centroids as incidents, supermarkets as facilities and setting up the number of facility as three. The problem is, however, for any three nearest facilities to be found, I want them to belong to different companies. I have no idea how to define constrains on facility types (different companies) during this analysis. Could anyone have any idea? Many thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
You will have to do this in three solves. One for each type of facility you want to find. So set up a CF layer with the incidents (block centroids) and then load in the first type of facilities and solve for 1 closest. Export the results. Then, unload/remove the facilities and load in the next set and solve for 1 closest and export. Repeat for the third set. Alternatively you can create the CF layer with the incidents and copy this layer twice. Now you have three layers. Load each set of demand points to them and solve for 1 closest and export/merge the results.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
carinaluo
New Contributor
Wow, it sounds like a good idea. Thank you so much for your reply, Jay. I really appreciate it.

You will have to do this in three solves. One for each type of facility you want to find. So set up a CF layer with the incidents (block centroids) and then load in the first type of facilities and solve for 1 closest. Export the results. Then, unload/remove the facilities and load in the next set and solve for 1 closest and export. Repeat for the third set. Alternatively you can create the CF layer with the incidents and copy this layer twice. Now you have three layers. Load each set of demand points to them and solve for 1 closest and export/merge the results.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos