Exclude restricted portions?

01-03-2012 10:03 AM
DennisKopp
New Contributor
Hello,
Please forgive my ignorance as I am very new to ArcGIS and trying to learn as I go along :).

I am trying to create a route between two facilities, but was getting an error saying that one of the stops was on a non-traversable network location.  After some investigation, it appears that the software was attempting to route the trip on a walking path located outside of one of the facilities; one of my restrictions is to use an automobile, so that explains the error.  Under the layer properties of my route, there is a network locations tab with the option "Exclude restricted portions of the network", checking this option solved my problem in ArcMap and I was able to create the route.

However, when I published the change to our server, and we attempt to route via the REST API (passing a URL, then reading the response), it doesn't appear that the restricted portions of the network are being excluded as we are still receiving the original error message.  Is this option something that only works in ArcMAP and won't work via the REST API, or is the more likely cause that I have done something wrong? 🙂  If this is an option that will only work in ArcMap, is there a comparable solution for when working with the REST API?

I am using the default premium street data that was purchased with the software.  If anymore information is required, please let me know and I will do my best to obtain it!

Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DmitryKudinov
Occasional Contributor
Hi Dennis,

You can achieve the same result in server REST API by using the doNotLocateOnRestrictedElements flag on the input Stops (if solving with Route solver):
http://networkanalysis.arcgis.com/arcgis/sdk/rest/nasolve.html or on Facilities (in case you are using Closest Facility): http://networkanalysis.arcgis.com/arcgis/sdk/rest/cfSolve.html

Dmitry
0 Kudos
DennisKopp
New Contributor
Hi Dmitry,
Thank you very much, I was able to get this to work!
0 Kudos