Evaluating accessibility

02-24-2015 08:29 AM
DeogratiasMinja
New Contributor

Hi, any one can help me to know the required information in order to do Evaluating accessibility in network analysis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I am sure people would love to help but:

It is also recommended to add more information, like:

• what version of the software are you using?
  • what license level you have?
  • do you have access to extensions (like Network Analyst)?
  • what type of accessibility analysis are you trying to do?
  • what information do you have available?
  • etc, etc
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Take a look at Service Area Analysis

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
HunterWest
New Contributor III

Deogratias,

Xander is right - we need more information about your question to properly assist. If you are talking about site accessibility, then Jayanta has provided the correct documentation above. If you are talking about road accessibility or accessibility of some other network then we should have a different discussion.

Please provide us with some additional details so that we can help you out.

Thanks,

Hunter

DeogratiasMinja
New Contributor

Thanks guys for your consideration, i have a data of communal bus routes in my place which includes only the length of each route no matter its passes to another route.

Am using arch map 10.0 by now and I have access to extensions (like Network Analyst)

So I want to prepare a accessibility map as well as to create an isochrones polygon.

If am not mistaken I hope you guys you can help me

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
HunterWest
New Contributor III

Thank you for the clarification!

You mentioned that you have a data source that contains the bus routes - do you also have data for each of the bus stops?

In order to creates isochrone polygons and determine the accessibility of each bus stop (which it sounds like you are trying to do), you will need a point layer that contains each bus stop as a feature.

Am I understanding your goals correctly?

Thanks,

Hunter

0 Kudos