Error when using Street Data Processing Tool

03-18-2013 03:14 AM
AndreasHesse
New Contributor
When trying to process some rather large NAVSTREETS Data using one of these Street Data Processing Tools, I encounter an error I don't find a solution for myself:
Creating and building the network dataset... 
Network object evaluator error. at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geodatabase.INetworkBuild.BuildNetwork(IEnvelope areaToBuild) at GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.ProcessNavStreetsDataFunction.CreateAndBuildNetworkDataset(String outputFileGdbPath, Double fgdbVersion, String fdsName, String ndsName, Boolean createNetworkAttributesInMetric, Boolean createTwoDistanceAttributes, String timeZoneIDBaseFieldName, Boolean directedTimeZoneIDFields, String commonTimeZone, Boolean usesHistoricalTraffic, ITrafficFeedLocation trafficFeedLocation, Boolean usesTransport) at GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.ProcessNavStreetsDataFunction.Execute(IArray paramvalues, ITrackCancel trackcancel, IGPEnvironmentManager envMgr, IGPMessages messages) Failed to execute (ProcessNavStreetsData).

During the processing up to this point I got a few warnings like:
ERROR:   Edge 2 is discontinuous with the previous curve! Turn OID : 29759

But I don't know if this is relevant.
Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndreasHesse
New Contributor
Still looking for answers...

I found out, that the merging of data seems to be the problem. When I create the Network Dataset out of the individual NAVSTREETS regions everything works fine. But I want one big Network Dataset, so I merged the relevant feature classes (Streets, Zlevels, CDMS- and RDMS-tables, ...). Running the tool with these as input, I get the error message (see above). Makes me wonder how I need to treat the turn restriction information, as I believe that's where the trouble starts.
0 Kudos