Custom Geocoder with network analyst routing...?

09-19-2013 08:07 AM
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
I have a built network dataset, and have used the same dataset to built custom address locator (geocoder). within the Desktop Network analyst, how can I do routing applications or solvers based on the geocoder?

Also, how can I spatially add 2 destinations to the map, and route it, then show the directions including approximate address?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I have a built network dataset, and have used the same dataset to built custom address locator (geocoder). within the Desktop Network analyst, how can I do routing applications or solvers based on the geocoder?

Also, how can I spatially add 2 destinations to the map, and route it, then show the directions including approximate address?

Typically, when you integrate geocoding and Network Analyst you can use the geocoder to plot a location on the network and by right clicking on that location, you can add it as a Network Object.  This object can be part of a route, or an incident, or a source depending on your application.

You can spatially interact with the network by clicking on the network location tool on the Network Analyst tool bar.  As far as getting an approximate address for that location, you'll need to use the address inspector tool in the geocoding tool bar.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Here is a doc link to what Joe described in the previous reply.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#/using_Find/00470000003r000000/

J
ay Sandhu
0 Kudos