Creating Street Intersection Feature Class with Network Analyst

04-23-2010 06:35 PM
ColleenSwain
New Contributor
I have created and built my street network through Network Analyst and was wondering if anybody new how to create a feature class that would contain the point along with the streets that would intersect the point attribute values in the table.

Thanks...Colleen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
>I have created and built my street network through Network Analyst and was wondering if anybody new how to
> create a feature class that would contain the point along with the streets that would intersect the point attribute
> values in the table.

Can you be more specific by what you mean by "contains the point along the streets that would intersect the point attribute value in the table"?

When you build the network dataset, it makes the junction feature class where all the lines intersect and it will be in the same feature dataset where the network has been created. If you need these intersection points, they are already created.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
ColleenSwain
New Contributor
>I have created and built my street network through Network Analyst and was wondering if anybody new how to
> create a feature class that would contain the point along with the streets that would intersect the point attribute
> values in the table.

Can you be more specific by what you mean by "contains the point along the streets that would intersect the point attribute value in the table"?

When you build the network dataset, it makes the junction feature class where all the lines intersect and it will be in the same feature dataset where the network has been created. If you need these intersection points, they are already created.

Jay Sandhu

Jay  --

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think my problem is that when I setup my network and built it I didn�??t have my parameters setup right.  I�??m new to Network Analyst so I�??m kind of stumbling along.  I have attached a Word document with screen shots of my data and hope that explains better what is going on.

Colleen
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Your network seems ok. Though it is not clear what is "intersection". Is it a attribute that you added to the network?
Perhaps you can use the "network identify tool", second icon from right on the network analyst toolbar to identify the edges and junctions. Also it is not clear what is "What I eventually want to produce" table. Can you describe what you want?

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos