Closest Facility and running Solve

05-25-2011 08:53 AM
CameronManche
New Contributor
I'm using Arc 9.3 and using Network Analyst to create a closest facility layer. I have created the layer and now would like to run analysis using solve. However, every time I open solve in the tool box Arc Map crashes. I'm uncertain why I can not run solve? I have tried it on three other computers and believe it may be my Network Data Set or possibly the properties of my incidents or facilities? I have tried breaking my data into subsets and loading the layers into a new empty map. Any ideas what I should do?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you open the solve tool without adding any thing to ArcMap? If it crashes then it could be an installation problem.

If yes, add your network dataset and then open the tool. It should open as the solve tool does not look for a network dataset. It operates on network analysis layers such as route.

If the above works, then create a route layer and do not add or change it and then open the solve tool. Does it work or crash? If it crashes, then you should call Esri tech support and have them look at this issue.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
CameronManche
New Contributor
I can open solve without adding anything to ArcMap, but as I add my dataset and layers and then try to run solve it crashes ArcMap. I'll give ESRI tech support a try.

Thank you,

Cameron Manche
0 Kudos