Cant get network analyst to display in extensions

03-05-2013 05:58 AM
DanielHardwick
New Contributor
Hi,

I have recently got a new PC so went to re-install Network Analyst.
I have ArcGIS 9.2 and I have the Network Analyst extension, I ran the user license and it gave me the authorization message.

I then expected it to be in the extensions (Tools>Extensions) but it's not.

I have a project set up already which has an ITN layer etc, and I added in the Network Analyst toolbox and tried to run some of the stuff in there but it says i dont have the required license (Network Analyst).

Any idea's what I am missing?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Hi,

I have recently got a new PC so went to re-install Network Analyst.
I have ArcGIS 9.2 and I have the Network Analyst extension, I ran the user license and it gave me the authorization message.

I then expected it to be in the extensions (Tools>Extensions) but it's not.

I have a project set up already which has an ITN layer etc, and I added in the Network Analyst toolbox and tried to run some of the stuff in there but it says i dont have the required license (Network Analyst).

Any idea's what I am missing?

When you ran the install, did you do a standard installation?  It should have installed all the extensions.  Tack a look in your c:\programfiles\arcgis\bin directory and see if you have any of the Network Analyst dll's.

Just an fyi, my guess is 9.2 is nearing the end of it product life cycle, so support will begin to dry up.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DanielHardwick
New Contributor
When you ran the install, did you do a standard installation?  It should have installed all the extensions.  Tack a look in your c:\programfiles\arcgis\bin directory and see if you have any of the Network Analyst dll's.

Just an fyi, my guess is 9.2 is nearing the end of it product life cycle, so support will begin to dry up.

Hi Joe,

The install i did was from the 'Esri Single use license information file' which takes you through the registration process.
Checked the  c:\programfiles\arcgis\bin directory and dll's are in there.

I don't know if it's something to do with it previously being on my old computer, but I just can't get it to display.

Regarding 9.2, we are going to make a decision in the near future about going forward with our GIS, as we are aware 9.2 is getting old quick!
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
The question Joe asked is: Did you install the Network Analyst extension software on your new machine? that is, when you re-install ArcGIS 9.2, did you check on the additional features to install, namely the Network Analyst extension? If the software is not installed then installing the license file alone does not help.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
DanielHardwick
New Contributor
That was it.

We figured this out yesterday, we knew it was registered but couldn't see how to install it.  But then realised it was part of the intial install, so just installed the extension from the disc.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos