before.png

dissolve after.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougSterling
Esri Contributor

Dissolve Network does not know how to interpret your one way attribute because dissolve does not understand these direction dependent field values.

The easiest solution is to make two fields "FT_Oneway" and "TF_Oneway" to determine if the attribute is restricted in the From-To direction and the To-From direction.

Step 1:  Make a field FT_Oneway on the edges table in your undissolved network

Step 2:  Make a field TF_Oneway on the edges table in your undissolved network

Step 3:  Calculate the FT_Oneway using your ONEWAY field.  If ONEWAY is 1 then FT_Oneway is 1

Step 4:  Calculate the TF_Oneway using your ONEWAY field.  If ONEWAY is 0 then FT_Oneway is 1

Step 5:  Open the network dataset properties

Step 6:  For the Oneway restriction attribute change the From-To direction expression to use the FT_Oneway field instead of the ONEWAY field

Step 7:  For the Oneway restriction attribute change the To-From direction expression to use the TF_Oneway field instead of the ONEWAY field

(for steps 6 and 7 you will need to write the appropriate expression logic)

Step 8:  Save the changes to the network dataset and build it

Step 9:  Test to make sure the Oneway attribute works as expected

Step 10:  Run Dissolve Network on the network, your FT_Oneway and TF_Oneway fields will be handled correctly by dissolve network.

Doug

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like the direction of digitization for that street has changed, but that does not mean that your Oneway attribute is now incorrect.  The DissolveNetwork tool knows how to handle Oneway attributes and should update the feature's fields correctly even if it flips the direction of digitization.

You can use the Network Identify tool (on the Network Analyst toolbar) to click on that street and get some information about your Oneway attribute to confirm that it is still one way in the correct direction after Dissolve.

0 Kudos
GustavoCordero
New Contributor III

greetings friend thanks for replying

does not change the attribute, but if the network behavior

before 2.pngdissolve after 2.png

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmmm...

Does your network have a Oneway attribute, and what is it called?  Is it called "Oneway", or does it have some other name?

0 Kudos
GustavoCordero
New Contributor III

My field is called "Oneway"

before

before 3.png

dissolver After

dissolve after 3.png

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Okay, your field is called "Oneway", but what is the network's oneway restriction attribute called?

0 Kudos
DougSterling
Esri Contributor

Dissolve Network does not know how to interpret your one way attribute because dissolve does not understand these direction dependent field values.

The easiest solution is to make two fields "FT_Oneway" and "TF_Oneway" to determine if the attribute is restricted in the From-To direction and the To-From direction.

Step 1:  Make a field FT_Oneway on the edges table in your undissolved network

Step 2:  Make a field TF_Oneway on the edges table in your undissolved network

Step 3:  Calculate the FT_Oneway using your ONEWAY field.  If ONEWAY is 1 then FT_Oneway is 1

Step 4:  Calculate the TF_Oneway using your ONEWAY field.  If ONEWAY is 0 then FT_Oneway is 1

Step 5:  Open the network dataset properties

Step 6:  For the Oneway restriction attribute change the From-To direction expression to use the FT_Oneway field instead of the ONEWAY field

Step 7:  For the Oneway restriction attribute change the To-From direction expression to use the TF_Oneway field instead of the ONEWAY field

(for steps 6 and 7 you will need to write the appropriate expression logic)

Step 8:  Save the changes to the network dataset and build it

Step 9:  Test to make sure the Oneway attribute works as expected

Step 10:  Run Dissolve Network on the network, your FT_Oneway and TF_Oneway fields will be handled correctly by dissolve network.

Doug