Assign capacity to possible facilities

05-05-2020 03:31 AM
Hankvan_Toor
New Contributor

I would like to define the container location in a specific area for three different types of containers all with a specific capacity. Is it possible to solve this problem simultaneously with a 'maximize capacitated coverage solver'. It is possible to do this sequentially, but that won't give the best output. So the question is: Is it possible to assign a specific capacity to a specific possible facility point? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

There is no pre-assignment of a demand point to a facility point. However you could simply remove that demand location from the problem and reduce the capacity of its intended facility by that amount. That way the rest of the demand will be allocated normally.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
Hankvan_Toor
New Contributor

Thank you Jay for your comment. However, i don't think that will work since I have 12250 demand points and 10.000 possible facility locations. If I have to delete the demand points by hand it will take me ages. 

To be more clear about the problem:

I have 12250 demand points (Households) and I have 10.000 possible container locations in a specific area. I want to locate the least amount of containers and I use three different types of containers: capacity_1 = 70 demand points, capacity_2 = 55 demand points, and capacity_3 = 45. Container_1 can only be located near water, c2 only near main roads, and c3 can be located everywhere. I already generated these points for each container and solved this problem sequentially; first c1 than c2, c3. 

Do you have any tips to solve this problem simultaneously? Or do I really have to do this by hand? 

Best, Hank 

0 Kudos