ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: Why the “service area” group layer is newly created when performing “solve” for the network dataset from the model builder?

05-09-2023 11:15 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: Why the “service area” group layer is newly created when performing “solve” for the network dataset from the model builder?

I observed that the “service area” layer group is newly created when performing “solve” for the network dataset from the model builder. However, as the “solve” is run from the ribbon, no new “service area” group layer is created.

What could be the issue here?

Clip_26.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not completely sure, but it's probably because you're running the Model from the ModelBuilder canvas (using the Run button on the ModelBuilder ribbon), and the model is storing the intermediate outputs in the Table of Contents.  I think you have the "Add To Display" option turned on for one or more of the green bubble outputs from each tool.  That option is meant to be used for debugging, and it may overwrite things in the Table of Contents.  I don't really know what all the rules are.

If you want to ensure consistent output, you should right-click the final output green bubble (from the Solve tool) and set it as a model parameter.  Open the model as a tool (not open for editing in the canvas) and run the model from the Geoprocessing pane.  Only the final output (the solved layer) will be added to the map.

(Note from my response on your other post: I think you may have better luck contacting Esri Support.  You have a lot of questions, and they may be able to spend more time with you!)

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The positive aspect is that the output layer of the "solve" tool, specifically the "network analyst layer: service area," gets overwritten, retaining its original name. As a result, the model remains unaffected when extracting the "polygon layer." Consequently, not overwriting the output of the "make service area analyst layer" does not pose any issues.

Clip_66.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos