Adding and using other fields as restrictions

Jump to solution
12-27-2012 09:43 AM
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
I'm wondering if there's a way to use bridge weight as a restriction.  Would I need to just load points with that info, or could it be included as an added field in the road table?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Nicole,

Personally, I think you have two choices here:

Go for parametirized attributes (add a field with the weight for every road link that is used for the network dataset; in this case you might dynamically choose what is the weight of the vehicle that is used currently for the routing)

or

barriers (convert the road links that represent bridges to points/lines and use them as scaled cost or restriction barriers; problem here would be that if the truck weight can be of various values then you have to specify what restrictions will be applicable for each routing case).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Nicole,

Personally, I think you have two choices here:

Go for parametirized attributes (add a field with the weight for every road link that is used for the network dataset; in this case you might dynamically choose what is the weight of the vehicle that is used currently for the routing)

or

barriers (convert the road links that represent bridges to points/lines and use them as scaled cost or restriction barriers; problem here would be that if the truck weight can be of various values then you have to specify what restrictions will be applicable for each routing case).
0 Kudos
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III

Thanks!  I will do this one (since I am familar with the proceedure).
0 Kudos