Select to view content in your preferred language

Send Slack notifications

01-16-2024 02:21 PM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Has any successfully configured ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3 to send Slack notifications? I created a slack app and created an incoming webhook URL. Plugged that into Monitor but do not receive alerts. Is there a step I'm missing?

Additionally, is there a way to test webhooks from ArcGIS Monitor? Such that I want to send a test notification similar to how I can send a test email. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, with some finagling I think I made some progress. Using Power Automate, when an HTTP request is received > loop through Events > post an attribute to slack. So, now using the Power Automate webhook URL rather than the ootb one coming from Slack.

Still trying to wrap my head around how to configure the message and what the different attributes are.

If anyone has done this with the ootb Slack webhook I would be curious to see how it's done 😊

0 Kudos
KevinS
by
New Contributor III

I hope this can help you out... I wrote a blog post on doing this with Teams, discord and Slack.

https://blog.dymaptic.com/arcgis-monitor-2023.3-webhook-messages-to-your-favorite-chat-software

The code is in github, linked to that blog posting!

Let me know if you have questions!

-Kevin