HTTPS Certificate SSL Issues ArcGIS Monitor

Jump to solution
02-22-2023 03:29 AM
Mark_Verlaat
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I just have set up the ArcGIS Monitor 2023.0 on my system. It works quite well. 

I have a problem though with implementing the SSL Certificate which we use with the DNS within the Monitor Admin panel. 

When I save (and force restart) the server, the server hangs, won't start anymore (not the Localhost, not my own Web Context URL, etc.). It starts, but stops almost instantly. 

I want to bypass this to make a rewrite rule (so in this case name.dnsname.nl/arcgis needs to point to name.dnsname.com:30443/arcgis) so that I can bind the certificate to the 443 port (https) of the default server. But that didn't work too (maybe I did something wrong with the rewrite rule). 

Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance,

JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

The referenced article will work for some, but in an enterprise environment such as mine, it would be discouraged if not prohibited. So the question is, when will the patch that will fix the bug be released? 

By way of commentary, it would also be helpful to release announcements to customers of issues such as this, so that we don't have to waste hours of our time trying to figure out why Arc Monitor is not accessible after following the documentation's instructions.

GraceSmith99
New Contributor II

I understand you are facing issues with the SSL Certificate in the ArcGIS Monitor 2023.0.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

First need to ensure that the SSL Certificate is correctly configured in the Monitor Admin panel. Verify that the paths and settings are accurate, and the certificate is valid.

Now a server hangup can occur due to various reasons, including misconfigurations. Review the server hangup causes, effects, and solutions to identify potential issues.

However, If you're trying to set up a rewrite rule, double-check the syntax and configuration. Make sure the rule is correctly redirecting traffic from name.dnsname.nl/Arcgis to name.dnsname.com:30443/Arcgis.

Next is to verify that the SSL certificate is correctly bound to port 443. Check if there are any conflicts or issues with port binding that might be causing the server to hang.

I hope these steps help resolve the SSL Certificate implementation issue with your ArcGIS Monitor. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
GraceSmith99
New Contributor II

Hi,

It seems you are facing issues with SSL implementation and server restart in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this:

First, check the SSL certificate is correctly installed and associated with the appropriate domain name in the Monitor Admin panel.

Now, verify that your rewrite rule is correctly set up to redirect name.dnsname.nl/arcgis to name.dnsname.com:30443/arcgis by checking the syntax and ensuring there are no typos or misconfigurations.

Next is to confirm that the SSL certificate is correctly bound to port 443, which might require manual configuration in the web server settings.

Now need to check the server logs for any errors or warnings that might indicate what is causing the server to hang or stop, as this can provide more insight into the underlying issue.

Next, review the ArcGIS Monitor documentation for any specific instructions or known issues related to SSL certificate implementation and server configurations.

I hope it will help for you.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos