Select to view content in your preferred language

Excel Report (ArcGIS Monitor 2023 version) - Service request received counts

Jump to solution
11-20-2023 10:20 AM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Morning,

I have a quick question around the Excel Report addin (arcgis-monitor-excel-report-20230825.1) and have a config that looks like this:

report": {
"out_dir":".....t",
"collection": "Excel Report",
"timezone":"Pacific/Auckland",
"end_time": {"now": true,
"year":2021, "month":10, "day":4, "hour":19} ,
"past_days":7,
"past_hours":0,
"types":["host", "storage","arcgis_portal", "arcgis_server", "service", "database" ] ,
"metrics":{
"alerting_on_only":false,
"include_only":[],
"exclude_metrics":[]
}

based on the sample config. When running the report and looking at the svcReqReceived worksheet I'm expecting the count column numbers to be a lot higher for some of our busier services - when comparing to the ArcGIS Server statistics from Manager the numbers don't match. When looking for how many requests a service is getting am I looking in the right place?

Many thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@FraserHand The count column shows the number of collected data points, not sum of request values.  The one that you want to compare to is the sum, see below

AndrewSakowicz_2-1700586974727.png

Also, please install the latest Excel Report.  It corrects sum vs. avg when aggregating data.  Note, currently 2023.2 chart UI only uses avg when aggregating data.  This is an open issue that will be addressed later.

AndrewSakowicz_1-1700586278552.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@FraserHand The count column shows the number of collected data points, not sum of request values.  The one that you want to compare to is the sum, see below

AndrewSakowicz_2-1700586974727.png

Also, please install the latest Excel Report.  It corrects sum vs. avg when aggregating data.  Note, currently 2023.2 chart UI only uses avg when aggregating data.  This is an open issue that will be addressed later.

AndrewSakowicz_1-1700586278552.png

FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Andrew - I updated the Excel Report and now seeing sums as expected. 

0 Kudos