Select to view content in your preferred language

Components in an Error state

11-29-2023 04:58 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I've got several collections that look at particular ArcGIS Servers and have the host metrics, services and associated GIS server, so I get all the metrics populating on the overview  page. What I'm seeing is these are in an error state due to some of the metrics on the host component being in the error state. These seem to be  metrics on a service that has been deleted / removed. Looking at a filter "status is error" most of these appear to be arcsoc.exe metrics. Can I remove these from the metrics table safely? 

Can I do something like

DELETE FROM agm.metrics where r_id like '%arcsoc.exe%' and status = 4
Is a status of 4 in the agm.metrics the error status - I couldn't find the values on the data model https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/2023.1/get-started/windows/arcgis-monitor-information-model.htm#ES... 

Are there any relationships I'd need to clean up as well?

I'm assuming if I deleted anything still in use this would be picked up again on the next discover?

Thanks!

Fraser

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fraser,

This is a known issue and is addressed in 2023.3 (see BUG-000160909). Manually deleting records from the database is not recommended or supported but if you choose to proceed with this route, the discover observer would only pick those metrics up again if they exist as processes on the host machine.

Josh