Select to view content in your preferred language

bulk collect metrics after Monitor agent failure

2 weeks ago
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

We have times when the Monitor agent will stop communicating with the server, the normal resolution is to restart the agent service on the server. When this happens the metrics from the time of the failure until the agent restart are not collected. Is there a way to have ArcGIS Monitor to collect these missing metrics?

I can see the data in ArcGIS Manager when I look at the statistics page. But have not been able to figure out a way to get that data moved into Monitor.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Pat_Gallagher,

Do you see any WARNING or SEVERE level logs in ArcGIS Monitor related to observer failures? If so, are you able to tell which observers they are related to?

Thanks,

Josh

Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

Josh, 

The failures are with the Monitor Agent running on a server. Normally there are (4) services running when the agent is operating correctly. When agent stops communicating with the Monitor Server, only (3) of the services are running. When this happens, the metrics for the server running Agent are not collected by Monitor Server - but they are saved by the server and can be seen by looking at the ArcGIS Server Manager webpage.

When I restart the Agent on the client server, all (4) of the services will start up and Monitor Server will start collecting metrics again. My question is about the time from when the Agent stopped and when it is restarted. During this time Monitor Server is not collecting the metrics for the server.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to pull the metrics out of the files that supply the ArcGIS Server Manager Statistic Reports. That would allow more accurate historical data information within the ArcGIS Monitor database.

0 Kudos