12-08-2019 11:11 PM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor
{
  "Time": {
    "fromDate": "Now",
    "timeZone": "US/Pacific",
    "pastDays": 1,
    "workDays": [ "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday", "Sunday" ],
    "workHours": [ 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ]
  },
  	"SLA" : {
      "ArcSOCSLA": 200,
      "processesComment" : "http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000001218",
      "MemFreeSLA(GB)": 4,
      "arcSOCGB": 0.25
	},
  "LowUsageGroup": {
    "usageSecLT": 20,
    "minInstancesPerNode": 1,
    "maxInstancesPerNode": 2,
    "execute": "False"
  },
  "StandardUsageGroup": {
    "maxInstancesPerNodeIncrement": 2,
    "minStat": "p95",
    "maxStat": "max",
    "execute": "True"
  },
  "Exclude": {
    "excludeAGSServices": [],
    "excludeAGSFolders": [ "Utilities", "System", "Hosted" ]
  },
  "Email": {
    "email": "False",
    "server": "mail.xx.com",
    "port": 25,
    "user": "",
    "password": "",
    "sender": "sender@xx.com",
    "receiverList": "user1@xx.com,user2@xx.com"
  }
}

Hi, can I asking why does the report suggest  minNew to be 0 even when I have set the mininstancePerNode = 0.

Also in the report, what does execute=false/true mean?

Can I also confirm if MemFreeSLA == total memory on server - MemFreeSLA. E.g 32G ram - 4G == 28G Hence if server resource exceed 28 G, it will limit the ArcSOC instances?

See report image attached

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our development team is planning to release an updated version of ArcSOC Optimizer in the next few weeks - so I recommend waiting for this future release so you can test and evaluate it.    MinNew for highly used services should typically have a value of at least 1 so if you get a value of zero, then collect another week's worth of data and run the report again in LIST mode (not EDIT mode).  MemFreeSLA (4 GB default) is one of the checks made by ArcSOC Optimizer so it won't  increase the number of instances if there isn't enough RAM on the server (see page 4 of the ReadMe file). A value of TRUE in the Execute column means that ArcSOC Optimizer is recommending a change for that service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our development team is planning to release an updated version of ArcSOC Optimizer in the next few weeks - so I recommend waiting for this future release so you can test and evaluate it.    MinNew for highly used services should typically have a value of at least 1 so if you get a value of zero, then collect another week's worth of data and run the report again in LIST mode (not EDIT mode).  MemFreeSLA (4 GB default) is one of the checks made by ArcSOC Optimizer so it won't  increase the number of instances if there isn't enough RAM on the server (see page 4 of the ReadMe file). A value of TRUE in the Execute column means that ArcSOC Optimizer is recommending a change for that service.

0 Kudos