Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcSOC Optimizer instancesUsed showing '0'

Jump to solution
02-05-2024 10:11 AM
ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I've noticed for the past month that all of the services in my reports are showing '0' for 'instancesUsed', and as a result the min & maxProposed are typically just 0/2. During this time I was on 2023.3, and I was waiting until the 2023.3.1 patch to see if it the issue would be resolved but it's not. Here are some additional details:

• It's happening for the two sites I run the reports against. One is 10.9.1, standalone, and single machine, and the other is 11.1, federated, and multi-machine. Both use only the GIS Server role.
  • I am using the latest 20231012.2 version, but believe I downloaded this version after first noticing the issue while running an older version.
  • Output reports are being generated, avg_sec/day is being calculated, and the dedicated vs shared recommendations appear to be working
  • There don't appear to be any significant errors in the logs - only one within the last week despite 6 reports a night showing up with the same issue
  • I've compared my config file against the sample one and don't see any significant differences

Anyone else experiencing similar issues, or is it just me?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@ChrisTaylor2 , I fixed the issue, please download 20240206.1 from ArcSOC Optimizer for ArcGIS Monitor - Overview

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Please confirm using metrics UI that Instanced Used for arcgis server and selected services are not 0 for that time, share screenshot e.g. 

AndrewSakowicz_0-1707157804656.png

0 Kudos
ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Hi @AndrewSakowicz and thanks for your help.

Here is the Instances Used chart for one of the sites:

ChrisTaylor2_0-1707159490481.png

I just re-ran a report to make sure I was capturing the same 24hr period reflected in the chart and was still getting all 0 values. I did notice that the min/maxProposed are 1/3 for Geocoding services, but Map Services are 0/2.

ChrisTaylor2_1-1707159590393.png

For my other site it's the GP service that's 1/3 while my Map services are 0/2:

ChrisTaylor2_2-1707159690542.png

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@ChrisTaylor2 , I fixed the issue, please download 20240206.1 from ArcSOC Optimizer for ArcGIS Monitor - Overview

ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Thank you @AndrewSakowicz, I now see instancesUsed and min/maxProposed values! Much appreciated.

0 Kudos