ArcGIS Monitor in Enterprise Deployment

12-13-2020 07:28 PM
DeanHowell1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello has anyone got any advice or experience in using ArcGIS Monitor in a large ArcGIS Enterprise deployment?

I would be interested to know the set-up of the monitor and the system configuration i.e. RAM, Cores, etc?

I am working with two enterprise portals both in High Availability with Portal / Server / Relational DataStore and Tile DataStores all on separate servers plus an admin server for each which means that overall there are 20 plus servers that need to be monitored.  

The help doco recommends the following

"When Monitor Server and Monitor Administrator are on the same machine, the hardware requirement is a dedicated machine with 4 CPU cores and 16 GB RAM. This initial requirement supports one monitor service, such as Production. An additional 2 CPU cores and 4 GB RAM are needed per additional monitor service used for other environments, such as Test or Staging."

• If the above reference to production means a server then that is a lot of resources for monitoring the system i.e. CPU Cores - 4 plus 38 (19 x 2) = 42 cores, RAM 16GB plus 76GB (19x4)
  • If production refers to all components for that portal then we just need CPU Cores 4 + 2 = 6 Cores and RAM 16 + 4 = 20GB
  • If production means just one side of the HA environment the we need CPU Cores 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10 Cores and RAM 16 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 28GB.

Either way it is still a little hard to know which direction to go.

0 Kudos
0 Replies