Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor Errors While Creating Analysis Views

09-11-2023 01:41 PM
MarieCline_Delgado
Regular Contributor

While trying to create analysis views, ArcGIS Monitor has become unresponsive and is stuck "loading", eventually returning "Error Knex: Timeout acquiring a connection. The pool is probably full. Are you missing a .transacting(trx) call?"

I restarted the Monitor and Postgres services and was momentarily able to get into ArcGIS Monitor before the behavior returned.

Any ideas what the cause and solution might be?

MarieCline_Delgado_0-1694464830323.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, what does CPU and memory usage look like on the Monitor Server and PostgreSQL machines? Are these maxed out?

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Regular Contributor

Hi, the CPU is usage is running between 5-10% and the memory usage is 45-50%.  

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

In Monitor, navigate to Administration > Database. Does the database appear to be connected? Can you let me know what version of PostgreSQL you are using?

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Regular Contributor

The database is connected.  I am using PostgreSQL 15.4

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@MarieCline_Delgado , did you set this new analysis as Home?  If yes, please navigate to Analysis and change the  home back, e.g. Sample Analysis (perhaps restart PG and monitor first?) .  Next, evaluate which data expression in the new analysis is causing this condition and share it.

MarieCline_Delgado
Regular Contributor

@AndrewSakowicz I did have the analysis set as home.  I now have the Sample Analysis set back as the home.  I also had the new analysis set as the System Default, which I have also changed back to the Sample Analysis.  

I will continue working with the new analysis and see if the issues appear to have resolved.  Thank you for the support!

0 Kudos