Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023 - Load PFX certificate isn't working

Jump to solution
07-10-2023 06:09 AM
MaxBöcke
Regular Contributor

Hi community

I set up the latest version of ArcGIS Monitor 2023. For security reasons we need encrypted communication in the network...

Under Administration -> Server I've tried to replace the existing certificate with an existing CA-certifcate in pfx-format. It's not working - See attachment. Can you help me?

It seems strange to me why a passphrase is needed. Right, the pfx certificate is password-protected...

MaxBcke_0-1688994552571.png

Thx for your help!

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxBöcke
Regular Contributor

Hi

It was due to the missing certificate chain in the PFX.

That's it!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MaxBöcke,

To confirm, are you using ArcGIS Monitor 2023.1 and not the 2023.0 release? We fixed a few CA cert bugs at the 2023.1 release. If you are using the 2023.1 release, this might be a new issue - can you please open an incident with Esri tech support so they can investigate further?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ZerocooL
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

We experiencing the same with 2023.2 unfortunately.

0 Kudos
MaxBöcke
Regular Contributor

Moin @derekl 

thanks for the fast response - Yes, it's version 2023.1. So I'll contact Tech Support.

0 Kudos
MaxBöcke
Regular Contributor

Hi

It was due to the missing certificate chain in the PFX.

That's it!

TimLehn
Occasional Contributor

i am getting same error.  how do i find out if i have missing certificate chain in the prx?  

MGunes
by
New Contributor

i installed 2023.2.0 version and getting same error, waiting for a solution.

0 Kudos
ZerocooL
New Contributor

Hello All,

this is actually not ArcGIS Monitor issue, RC2 is disabled by default in Node.js 17.

you need to re-create or re-export the certificate and disable pbeWithSHA1And40BitRC2-CBC

you can use keystore explorer to do this or follow the instruction here https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/40672