AGM 10.61 will not load the alerts page

Jump to solution
11-01-2019 07:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I navigate to my the AGM website, login as an admin user, and click on Alerts. I get a message in the middle of the screen that says "Loading Data..." with a blue spinning wheel. The data never loads and I don't get any errors. All of the other pages load: Home, Availability, Categories, ect.... 

I have alerts configured within AGM Administrator that seem to work. I click the Test button and they flash red and then green again. 

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this? I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. Deleted all the configuration and started from scratch. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan,

The issue is probably Mongo v4.2.0.   This version of Mongo (4.2.x) is unsupported.  We only support Mongo Community Server edition 4.0x, 3.6x, and 3.4x.

Unfortunately you will need to uninstall everything (ArcGIS Monitor and Mongo), download and install Mongo v4.0x, then reinstall ArcGIS Monitor.  Choose the previous 4.0.13 release.  See attached image.Mongo

ArcGIS Monitor system requirements—Installation Guides | ArcGIS Enterprise 

MongoDB Community Server or Enterprise Server edition version 4.0.x, 3.6.x, or 3.4.x must be installed on the machine where the Monitor Server application is to be installed before you install ArcGIS Monitor.  I recommend installing the latest ArcGIS Monitor v10.7.1.

When you go to the Mongo community server website, the default download is 4.2.1 which is not supported

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MattD
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Daniel,

Can you confirm which version of MongoDB you have installed?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you recently upgrade ArcGIS Monitor from v10.5x to v10.6.1?  I saw this issue during an upgrade.  Normally it will load alerts after a data collection interval completes - but you may not have any current alerts.  Try clearing cache in your web browser (log off the ArcGIS Monitor web page, clear cache, log back in).  If that doesn't work use ArcGIS Monitor administrator to temporarily set a low CPU threshold (%Processor Time >1) to force an alert to be generated after 5 minutes (assumes you have the SYSTEM counter being collected at a 5 minute interval). Set the low CPU alert, wait 5 minutes, and see of an alert is generated and the ALERTS tab load correctly.  Then set the CPU alert back to its normal value.

0 Kudos
DanBrumm
New Contributor II

1. The ArcGIS Monitor install is brand new from scratch. A different admin did the setup and left so I am taking it over

2. The version of Mongo I am running is 4.2.0

3. I adjusting my alerts to see if I could get them to populate but it didn't seem to make a difference.

4. The only clue that I have been trying to track down are these errors I see in the web console.

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404

Resource URL: https://arcmon.domain.com/app/dist/lib/angular.min.js

Source Map URL: angular.min.js.map

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404

Resource URL: https://arcgismonitor.domain.com/app/dist/lib/esri-leaflet.js 

Source Map URL: esri-leaflet-src.js.map

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan,

The issue is probably Mongo v4.2.0.   This version of Mongo (4.2.x) is unsupported.  We only support Mongo Community Server edition 4.0x, 3.6x, and 3.4x.

Unfortunately you will need to uninstall everything (ArcGIS Monitor and Mongo), download and install Mongo v4.0x, then reinstall ArcGIS Monitor.  Choose the previous 4.0.13 release.  See attached image.Mongo

ArcGIS Monitor system requirements—Installation Guides | ArcGIS Enterprise 

MongoDB Community Server or Enterprise Server edition version 4.0.x, 3.6.x, or 3.4.x must be installed on the machine where the Monitor Server application is to be installed before you install ArcGIS Monitor.  I recommend installing the latest ArcGIS Monitor v10.7.1.

When you go to the Mongo community server website, the default download is 4.2.1 which is not supported

DanBrumm
New Contributor II

Michael

Thank you for the info, Mongo was about the only part of the app I had not tried to remove. I will go all scorched earth on the box and let ya know.

Dan

0 Kudos
DanBrumm
New Contributor II

I completely forgot to reply to this. I ripped everything out and reinstalled the correct version of Mongo and monitor and presto it works!!! Thanks Michael for your help

Dan