Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrade ArcMap Workspace XML to Pro's XML Format

12-11-2023 10:55 PM
songqin
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro, the database format is identified by the NAUTICAL_ENC_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID, while in ArcMap, it is denoted by NAUTICAL_NIS_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID.

I have extended certain features in the ArcMap environment and exported the results into a new workspace document (NAUTICAL_NIS_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID --> new_workspace.xml).

However, I 'm  facing challenges using this document(new_workspace.xml)  in ArcGIS Pro .

How to upgrade ArcMap Workspace XML to Pro's XML Format (and s57datadictionary.xml)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

If you have an ArcMap-based workspace that you want to migrate to ArcGIS Pro there is a migration script that will update the ArcMap schema to one that works with ArcGIS Pro. This process would allow you to keep the customized fields you have added to your ArcMap 'NIS' database. 

This requires that you have a Product Library in ArcMap as this is one of the inputs to the migration script. 

Let me know if you would like us to provide you with the migration script. It would be ideal if we could discuss the use of this script in a phone call so we can share best practices with you before you use the migration script. 

0 Kudos
songqin
New Contributor III

I believe I really need this migration script, along with its usage instructions and precautions. This can help me learn more requirements and functionalities. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
songqin
New Contributor III

Hi, how can I get this script? is it a customized script (it means need to be programmed) or standardized script?

thanks  a lot~

0 Kudos